Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

Discuss the "Future of Age of Empires Online" Blog Post Here

Last post 06-25-2013, 2:36 PM by AndyPierce. 423 replies.
Page 1 of 29 (424 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-03-2013, 12:47 PM 337498

Discuss the "Future of Age of Empires Online" Blog Post Here

Ave, all!

It is now time to discuss the future of Age of Empires Online. AOEO has finished its development phase, and now moves on into its support phase.

What does that mean?

Read the full blog here: http://ageofempiresonline.com/en/articles/blog-20130103

Community Manager and Internet Wrangler.
    Follow us on Twitter!
    Like us on Facebook!
  •  01-03-2013, 2:05 PM 337526 in reply to 337498

Re: Discuss the "Future of Age of Empires Online" Blog Post Here

DANG!

This sad news really, I had hoped some more investment could be pumped into this game to try and get rewarded later by growing the player base. I guess this will be very difficult now that the game is in "support phase".

I'm a bit surprised the 7th civ isn't going to come out as that's been expected in the community for quite some time now.

There are some very frustrating bugs, exploits and various issues that sounds like will probably not ever going to be fixed since it will take too long. I really hope at least balance in pvp will be kept an eye on.

Thanks GPG, I had a lot of fun while it lasted. Had bigger hopes for it but will continue to play from time to time.

Youtube Channel With Over 100 AOEO videos!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Two4601

PvE vids includes all legendaries soloed, all civs, farming, record speeds.

PvP vids contain 1v1s, 2v2s, ranked games

Live stream - http://www.justin.tv/safebase

•  01-03-2013, 2:09 PM 337527 in reply to 337526

Wow this sucks massively, so are balance steam's etc still going on?

If no new content mean's non of the player's who left will come back as there won't be anything dragging them in to try.

Really think if there was more advertisement's around places (there was no advertisements at all) then maybe content would provide the money you needed. now i have a question about this which really concerns me.

"What about bug fixes? Fixing any remaining bugs and addressing balance issues will be slower and, frankly, more difficult for the team. Some may, in fact, be unfixable. We will be watching carefully in case any critical bugs appear. "

Does this mean more people are getting laid off at the office?

if not what will you be doing? seen as you won't be working on new content or new balance there will be only support and forums to check which if no one is getting laid off you should have alot of time to "polish" the game.

Regard's

Brasex

•  01-03-2013, 2:14 PM 337529 in reply to 337527

Abraxix92:

if not what will you be doing? seen as you won't be working on new content or new balance there will be only support and forums to check which if no one is getting laid off you should have alot of time to "polish" the game.

The developers for the game were primarily at GPG. The Microsoft staff are primarily community moderators, who are very capable of excellent support for the game but not software developers. The server maintenance, etc., is also Microsoft, and does not change as a result of this announcement.

Felicior Augusto, melior Traiano.
  •  01-03-2013, 2:17 PM 337532 in reply to 337529

AOEO Trajan:
    Abraxix92:

The developers for the game were primarily at GPG. The Microsoft staff are primarily community moderators, who are very capable of excellent support for the game but not software developers. The server maintenance, etc., is also Microsoft, and does not change as a result of this announcement.

Thank you for a direct reply trojan. so this will be GPG will no longer support age of empires online correct?

Thank you for the countless hour's i have spent and met alot of amazing people thanks to this game.

All the best buddys 

•  01-03-2013, 2:17 PM 337533 in reply to 337529

Thanks for the update, Trajan.  You guys should be real proud of everything you have poured into this game.

Server: Marathon

In Traiano speramus

January 3, 2013. Never Forget.
  •  01-03-2013, 2:29 PM 337540 in reply to 337498

really sad. Let's hope one day we can see a real Age of empires game again, with its essence, and with the things that made the title the best rts ever made.
  •  01-03-2013, 2:29 PM 337541 in reply to 337533

how cant you tell us about this earlier?

I dont lose because by opponent played good, only because i played bad.
  •  01-03-2013, 2:32 PM 337546 in reply to 337540

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tongue Tied
  •  01-03-2013, 2:33 PM 337548 in reply to 337546

So what are Ghostfall, Noc, Slamed doing now? Another game?

"Ork, don’t forget the cloth napkins." - BatsyBatsy
  •  01-03-2013, 2:36 PM 337550 in reply to 337546

SadCryingSad
    Abydos............
  •  01-03-2013, 2:36 PM 337552 in reply to 337498

OMG is this just some joke or what who will play game with no new updates
  •  01-03-2013, 2:36 PM 337553 in reply to 337533

AndyPierce:
    Thanks for the update, Trajan.  You guys should be real proud of everything you have poured into this game.

True, the game is the best game on the market. Just advertisment and marketing sucked. 

•  01-03-2013, 2:38 PM 337555 in reply to 337498

long story short,pack ya bags and find a diff game
  •  01-03-2013, 2:39 PM 337557 in reply to 337541

1. the good news:

they told us that they wont create new content for the game, many other games die 'silent'

2. the bad news:

at least 50% of all players will leave the next month, aoeo's pve part is finished yet, but pvp isnt playble at all

no rewards, just the ladder, resetting all x months - well u get EP if u were good enough, on the other hand thers nothing u can buy with EP then :D

R.I.P. AoEo i have put big hopes in that game since many patches have been released last year, pve'ers got nothing 2 do anymore and pvp'ers hoped for better pvp support and wont stay with the current pvp matchmaking system

Page 1 of 29 (424 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML