Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

[Resolved] Age of Empires Online on Windows 8

Last post 12-20-2012, 6:05 AM by LordMichael091. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-19-2012, 6:21 AM 332995

[Resolved] Age of Empires Online on Windows 8

Hi community, well, this is my problem, when i download age of empires online with steam, after to install, i launched to the initial panel. after i click on button play but ... the initial panel closes and after nothing... the game does not star never.. :(

What happened?  

Too My PC has Windows 8. 

Could be the problem? Please, help! :(

Thanks for your reply 

•  12-19-2012, 1:15 PM 333115 in reply to 332995

Re: Age of Empires Online on Windows 8

Michael,

You can rest assured that Windows 8 and AOEO are compatible, as I use this combination daily to play. As for the issue you are experiencing, next time this happens, could you possibly open up Task Manager, and under the Processes tab see if the following exist:

Age of Empires Online Launcher
    Age of Empires Online

If you're running Windows 8 64-bit, each will be followed by (32 bit). Also, is this install fresh from the manufacturer, or is this an install that you performed?

•  12-19-2012, 4:56 PM 333185 in reply to 333115

Additionally, based on user reports, Steam does not always install the GFWL framework correctly, leading to the behavior you mention.  You can try to manually install this from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5549
  •  12-20-2012, 6:05 AM 333534 in reply to 333185

Pyerite:

Michael,

You can rest assured that Windows 8 and AOEO are compatible, as I use this combination daily to play. As for the issue you are experiencing, next time this happens, could you possibly open up Task Manager, and under the Processes tab see if the following exist:

Age of Empires Online Launcher
    Age of Empires Online

If you're running Windows 8 64-bit, each will be followed by (32 bit). Also, is this install fresh from the manufacturer, or is this an install that you performed?

BarbarossaBlade:
    Additionally, based on user reports, Steam does not always install the GFWL framework correctly, leading to the behavior you mention.  You can try to manually install this from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5549

Friends, thanks so much, i resolved my problem, i had to reinstall everything (include Steam)... hahaha :S

But i dont know what was the problem yet...

BarbarossaBlade your solution isn't feasible in Windows 8, but thnks anyway brother

Thank you so much 

Greetings from Mexico... :) 

View as RSS news feed in XML