Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

Discuss the "How to Earn Empire Points if you are not in an Alliance" Blog Post Here!

Last post 06-26-2012, 5:02 PM by gpgsteve. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items)   1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-25-2012, 3:04 PM 227848

Discuss the "How to Earn Empire Points if you are not in an Alliance" Blog Post Here!

How do you earn Empire Points if you are not in an Alliance?

Empire Points (EP) are earned when certain quests are completed or when you level up. (Not every quest grants them!) The EP amounts will be shown in the rewards lists for the quests that do award them.

Here is a simple reference list of all the quests that will grant EP:

Read the full article here: http://www.ageofempiresonline.com/en/articles/blog-20120625

Community Manager and Internet Wrangler.
    Follow us on Twitter!
    Like us on Facebook!
  •  06-25-2012, 3:59 PM 227885 in reply to 227848

Re: Discuss the "How to Earn Empire Points if you are not in an Alliance" Blog Post Here!

DELETE

•  06-25-2012, 4:14 PM 227901 in reply to 227848

Re: Discuss the "How to Earn Empire Points if you are not in an Alliance" Blog Post Here!

Link missing?
  •  06-25-2012, 4:20 PM 227907 in reply to 227901

DELETE

•  06-25-2012, 4:23 PM 227911 in reply to 227907

The link was added. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Community Coordinator (English and German)

Follow us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook
  •  06-25-2012, 4:27 PM 227915 in reply to 227911

only thing that if u already have done those quests, its too late,

since i did 12 kingdoms that are already 50 EP gone

•  06-25-2012, 6:02 PM 227986 in reply to 227911

Garmonbozia81:

Hail fellow traveler though the Black Lodge. 

•  06-25-2012, 6:10 PM 227995 in reply to 227986

Sonovius:

Garmonbozia81:

Hail fellow traveler though the Black Lodge. 

Hi yourself. As a mod, I have to behave myself and make sure that this thread doesn't go off topic, but it's nice that you got the reference. :)

Community Coordinator (English and German)

Follow us on Twitter
    Like us on Facebook
  •  06-25-2012, 6:23 PM 228001 in reply to 227915

Does the EP get awarded to the co-op player if the co-op player has already completed the quest? (i.e., if Andy is going through 12 Kingdoms, and Bob has already done them, but co-ops with Andy to help him, does Bob get more EP again?).
    AOEO Trajan:
    Some of you may not have seen all the dev responses.

We are listening. We will fix it.
  •  06-25-2012, 6:36 PM 228008 in reply to 227848

Solicest:

How do you earn Empire Points if you are not in an Alliance?

Empire Points (EP) are earned when certain quests are completed or when you level up. (Not every quest grants them!) The EP amounts will be shown in the rewards lists for the quests that do award them.

Here is a simple reference list of all the quests that will grant EP:

Read the full article here: http://www.ageofempiresonline.com/en/articles/blog-20120625

Please add that you gain EP from every level (1-40) you gain on your Civ. 

Please consider increasing the amount of EP earned per leveling (1-40) your civ.  at 1 EP per level is way too low.

i would understand if it EP is Tier'd based on level reached. example is levels 2-9 = 2 or 3 EP/level.  10-19 = 3-4 EP/level.   20-29 = 4-5 EP/level.  30-40 =5-7 EP/level.  i am currently not level 20 so hopefully it is this way already.

-Thanks

•  06-25-2012, 7:02 PM 228017 in reply to 228008

Slymerz:

Please consider increasing the amount of EP earned per leveling (1-40) your civ.  at 1 EP per level is way too low.

i would understand if it EP is Tier'd based on level reached. example is levels 2-9 = 2 or 3 EP/level.  10-19 = 3-4 EP/level.   20-29 = 4-5 EP/level.  30-40 =5-7 EP/level.  i am currently not level 20 so hopefully it is this way already.

-Thanks

It is indeed this way.

I am at level 18 getting 4 EP per level and have been since around 13. I can't remember the exact levels I got the EP boosts though.

•  06-25-2012, 7:05 PM 228019 in reply to 228001

The coop player does not receive the empire points.  I know this from experience.  Because once; I cooped with somebody on defeat lapithos and I already completed it and cooped with the player after the summer patch and I only received the partial experience points (which did not help me because I was already level 40) but no empire points.  Therefore; I can probably assume that if the player does not have the quest available; they cannot earn any empire points for helping the player do the quest.
  •  06-25-2012, 7:21 PM 228029 in reply to 227848

I've read the article and from the looks of it I am punished for the progress I've made after paying for all the Civs on the Steam release.  If EP points are to be earned from leveling and getting the one-time quest rewards then I am already past those.  I have no interest in Alliance play what so ever.

I had enjoyed the elite argos and defence of mycene stuff to earn level 30+ drops for my level 40 empire, but now all of the summer changes seem to stack up to punish my playstyle (no doubt others too).  The ramp up of difficulty has turned every sessions I've played since into a defeat fest, especially given player gear is not a factor of AI loadout. Now I clearly see that EP is not something I can earn with how I play.

Your team has 100% earned the uninstall off my Steam list. I really regret the money spent on this now. MS really needs to learn how to manage its published products better than this.

•  06-25-2012, 9:03 PM 228102 in reply to 227848

Simple is about right - I mostly love the blogs. and am always happy to see more, but this seems pretty limited and just repeats what a dev/mod already posted within a forum thread recently. I guess (other than all of you still being crazy-busy ofc!) you perhaps don't want a blog article that fixes exact numbers when those may be reviewed sooner or later, but if you're taking the time to answer the question people are asking about how to earn Empire Points it seems natural to answer the question every single one of those same people seem to ask about 2 seconds later - how many Empire Points?! :P

Ideally, it would be nice to see the EP awarded per level (or level "band") and for each quest, but if not perhaps just a total EP figure that a new player should expect to get if they go 1-40 and complete all the EP-awarding quests would keep us demanding pests at bay! ;D (for another day, at any rate...)

RIP Roman Empire...
    End of support phase = when?
    Offline game + download empire = ever?
  •  06-26-2012, 2:44 AM 228199 in reply to 228008

-Thanks 

If there will be such a system of reaching EP, there will be no need to join Alliance, because you would buy premium civ at level 40...

IMO, the amount of EP that you are receiving after quests is right. I have 820EP right now (500 +  300 from Alliances + 20 from Greece (maybe 5-6quests)

After 1 month in Alliance you can get about 520EP, evey week 128EP... so c'mon...

If you are hurry then buy it for real money

Page 1 of 2 (17 items)   1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML