Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

Material Recipes - How to get them?

Last post 02-20-2012, 12:48 AM by ThirdDay77. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-18-2012, 5:31 PM 172990

Material Recipes - How to get them?

So I was thinking that once I got to 40 I would have access to be able to build some of the more advanced materials, alas, this was not the case. I presumed that there would have to be recipes somewhere for them but couldn't find anything until I started digging around on http://aoedb.net/designs/type/material

Is there a way to find those other Rare/Epic materials or do you just have to wait to find them in a loot drop? If that is the case, where/what missions give the best chance to get these in loot drops?

•  02-18-2012, 5:34 PM 172998 in reply to 172990

Re: Material Recipes - How to get them?

The recipes are drops but the word on the street is they havent dropped now for months.  Not sure if/when they will change that.  Uncommon mats are worth much more anyway.  Just trade for what you need until GPG adjusts the drops.
  •  02-18-2012, 6:41 PM 173064 in reply to 172998

Sonovius:
    The recipes are drops but the word on the street is they havent dropped now for months.  Not sure if/when they will change that.  Uncommon mats are worth much more anyway.  Just trade for what you need until GPG adjusts the drops.

I will second that. I have been playing since the release date and the rare and epic material recipes have not been dropping since the end of November. There is no place in game to buy them. However, the common and uncommon mats are selling pretty well right now, so you can just make them, sell them, and buy the rare and epic mats you need for crafting.

Just in case you do not know about this (i.e., I did not know about it until well after hitting level 40 with Greeks), almost everything that drops and can be crafted is available for purchase in the trade channel. It is one of the tabs on the chat windows. I didn't figure this out until late September when somebody told me I could get epic Soma in trade. You can buy the rare/epic mats in trade for a lot less than what they cost in stores in the game. Then, when recipes start to drop again, you will find them for sale by people in the trade channel.

•  02-18-2012, 6:44 PM 173065 in reply to 173064

I saw Recipe: White Honey in trade the other day for 100K. 
  •  02-18-2012, 6:49 PM 173067 in reply to 173065

Sonovius:
    I saw Recipe: White Honey in trade the other day for 100K. 

I sold Archimedes Tools recipe last month for 225k to some guy that was spamming that he would pay that much for it. He actually went to 250k, but I decided to cut it back to his original request. The entire situation with recipes sucks indeed. Along with a couple other items that rarely drop nowadays (e.g., Ramses).

•  02-19-2012, 9:50 AM 173215 in reply to 173067

Normal epic recipes used to be ~2K b4 that, ramases ~100K
    Hmmm?
  •  02-19-2012, 9:57 AM 173216 in reply to 173215

P Gracias:
    Normal epic recipes used to be ~2K b4 that, ramases ~100K

Basic epic recipes, like arctic fox furs, gold ingots, obsidian blocks, white honey, and guayacan planks, went for around 2k. The advanced epic recipes like archimedes tools, flawless diamonds, silk, philosopher stones, and illuminated codexes went for around 8k to 12k with tools and stones being on the high side.

Ramses were 100k. They had actually dropped to about 80k right before the last patch. Personally, I think Ramses should be there right along Heavy Cedary beams at 15 to 20k. Way more units can use Ramses versus heavy cedar beams so the drop rate really needs to be increased. Not many, if any, farmable level 40 quests other than maybe Marion.

•  02-19-2012, 10:25 AM 173221 in reply to 173216

Yeah that's what i meant by "normal" and rameses i said was ~100K , cause it was a lil inconsistent, sometimes it was 90K or sometimes 110K
    Hmmm?
  •  02-19-2012, 1:55 PM 173237 in reply to 173221

There is hardly any way on the game to ever recoup an investment of 225k on a mat recipe.  Only the weirdo completionist would pay that dough god bless em.
  •  02-19-2012, 8:23 PM 173294 in reply to 173237

I got the pholisofers stone recipe some days ago,2 weeks ago i think, and the osidian stone in octumber, i hated the loot when i got it, but know im happy 

•  02-19-2012, 11:44 PM 173315 in reply to 173294

Alacazhan:

I got the pholisofers stone recipe some days ago,2 weeks ago i think, and the osidian stone in octumber, i hated the loot when i got it, but know im happy 

lol gratz

But the next patch is supposed to fix it proberbly 

Hmmm?
  •  02-20-2012, 12:48 AM 173318 in reply to 173315

I've been reading "The next patch is supposed to fix" drops for material recipe's and a hundred other problems, since the problems began. I dont even get myself excited about any changes anymore.....not until they are actually changed. You'll only end up paranoid if you believe that things will be done when you read that they will be done. Just sit back and do what you do, and when changes DO come, it will be much easier to appreciate them.  I play this game for relaxation. Once I let go of the anger and frustration, I found the game much more enjoyable.  Hope you all are able to do the same. It's no fun to play frustrated and angry.

View as RSS news feed in XML