Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

Plzzz Help! Can you Play Aoe Online using Static IP address?

Last post 02-16-2012, 12:23 PM by t31os. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-12-2012, 3:50 AM 171158

Plzzz Help! Can you Play Aoe Online using Static IP address?

I am recently facing a problem while playing aoe online first I cant connect to xbox live it says contact live support or there is a problem in  your home equipment.. 

I am using wired network but I have to give an static ip address to connect it to the network..

Is there any solution for this??? Plzzz help 

•  02-12-2012, 5:03 AM 171169 in reply to 171158

Re: Plzzz Help! Can you Play Aoe Online using Static IP address?

There shouldn't be any problem with playing with static ip addresses, that's not the issue.

You need to give more details about how your internal network is configured, as for example, if you're behind a proxy that's another matter.

We use static internal IP addresses on all our PCs here(router supports static IP allocation based on MAC address), and we have no problems playing games.

Age of Empires Online - Spreadsheet
    Available free as long as AOEO lives.
  •  02-12-2012, 8:35 AM 171194 in reply to 171169

What I am trying to say is back then when I was playing aoe online my DSL connection was just plug the wire and you are on...

but now  I have to assign IP address to make the internet work and now when signing to xbox live screen in starting after few seconds the error shows up 

" The Live service is unavailable, or there may be a issue in your home equipment"?????

I have tried to make new profile but nothing works I am in lvl 30 Greek and now I am very frustrated by this issue Dont know what to do :( 

•  02-13-2012, 4:30 AM 171331 in reply to 171194

MaMaLosi:

What I am trying to say is back then when I was playing aoe online my DSL connection was just plug the wire and you are on...

but now  I have to assign IP address to make the internet work and now when signing to xbox live screen in starting after few seconds the error shows up 

" The Live service is unavailable, or there may be a issue in your home equipment"?????

I have tried to make new profile but nothing works I am in lvl 30 Greek and now I am very frustrated by this issue Dont know what to do :( 

I get that, i do... but you're not providing any details of how your network is configured nor what router or modem you are using, if you'd like to go ahead and provide that info i'll do what i can to help you set it up.

FYI: With most modern routers you do not have to assign IP addresses, the router assigns them dynamically using what's known as DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), your computer(s) should be setup to obtain an IP address automatically. The only time you should ever need to assign them manually is when you're using port forwarding/triggering for specific services/programs/games, for the majority of things the router should pass along data to the relevant ports automatically without the need for any manual configuration.

In short, enable DHCP on your router, set the PC to obtain IP/DNS automatically, and you should be good to go... beyond that you need to provide more info on the configuration settings you're using and the hardware(modem/router) you have.

•  02-13-2012, 5:16 AM 171338 in reply to 171331

Ok ok My network is configured like its a DSL modem which are mostly used in Hotels or any other other place in which you have to do is write down the ip address they provide in Local area connection=in properties= TCP /IPv4 in which I have to give the desired ip address and DNS server address after then we will be connected to internet I hope you will be now clear..

I have enable DHCP  but i cant set it to to tbtain it automatically try to understand  This is really a huge problem you can ask from others too... i am stuck in very bad issue now :( you are only hope for me......

•  02-16-2012, 12:23 PM 172198 in reply to 171338

MaMaLosi:

Ok ok My network is configured like its a DSL modem which are mostly used in Hotels or any other other place in which you have to do is write down the ip address they provide in Local area connection=in properties= TCP /IPv4 in which I have to give the desired ip address and DNS server address after then we will be connected to internet I hope you will be now clear..

I have enable DHCP  but i cant set it to to tbtain it automatically try to understand  This is really a huge problem you can ask from others too... i am stuck in very bad issue now :( you are only hope for me......

So what are you saying, you play AoEO from a connection that you don't own? ie. a connection in a hotel?

We have DSL(often just referred to as cable) here(ADSL would be a phoneline connection), so your setup shouldn't be that much different to ours. You do not have to assign IP addresses manually if you have control over the modem and computers you are using.

Do you own and have access to the modem and/or router(whichever is applicable)? If yes, then write down the model number and brand for me please in your response.

P.S. Can a mod move this topic into support please(suggestions isn't the right place for this thread).

View as RSS news feed in XML