Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

OPEN LETTER TO MICROSOFT

Last post 01-04-2013, 1:10 PM by Solicest. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-04-2013, 6:12 AM 338161

OPEN LETTER TO MICROSOFT

I still can't believe it! Since when are gamers stockholders?!!? We invested money in the game for what it was and what it would become. When I bought the game I thought it was already playable & they would just add more content later. God, all those bugs! I could forgive THAT, but THIS is what we see all the time during the crisis: RICH COMPANIES LAYING OFF UNPROFITABLE FACTORS. Microsoft just fired us, trying to ease their conscience by keeping the game playable for some more time! This way we won't leave all at once and we won't be angry all at once. As a boss of a company, you don't want your personel to tand united. United they will accomplish a lot more an therefore cost more money. But I won't forget how they took MY money & then screwed up. They gambled with our money. That wasn't the deal. That's not a game. This isn't funny.

To microsoft:

Who is responsible for the development this game?

As investors in your project, we'd like to ask the figures of the game. We have the right to know when it went wrong.

Are there any other risky investments in development? Please warn us. 

Will there be any compensation for our loss or can we spread the word through the entire AOE & SC2 community (and of course on the fora) that microsoft just screwed us? I think many of us are just about to do so. Don't forget the AOE community has been playing for over 10 years now. They do have some power i they stand together. 

I'd like to notice that many of the gamers are underaged. I believe it means that parents are held responsible for their investments, So keep in mind that not only a gamer can spread the bad publicity, but also the parents.

We certainly hope more will be explained soon.

If anyone has to add something, post it here. 

•  01-04-2013, 6:21 AM 338162 in reply to 338161

Re: OPEN LETTER TO MICROSOFT

wouldnt bother u wont get anywhere.is off to new pastures after the disgusting way the devs failed to even notify us after finding out 2nd hand from other sites

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/21269/unofficial-age-of-empires-ii-expansion-forgotten-empires-now-available

just goes to show what a few can do against the many of a company this size lol,

•  01-04-2013, 6:57 AM 338184 in reply to 338162

2013 will be the year where microsoft sucks up pretty badly.

Windows 8 -worst windows for pc ever done

Internet explorer (No need to talk about it)

Windows live (Failed )

Windows  Server(No decent user would install windows based server thats why 99 percent of the servers run on linux)

Windows mobile(Failed from the start)

Age of empires online(What a mess)

Good luck microsoft happy failed year.

•  01-04-2013, 7:14 AM 338187 in reply to 338184

Nokia went downhill after they started brother with Microsoft. Coincidence?

Microsoft seems to have a reverse Midas touch that turns everything they touch into crap.

•  01-04-2013, 7:32 AM 338193 in reply to 338187

Jagulars:

Nokia went downhill after they started brother with Microsoft. Coincidence?

Microsoft seems to have a reverse Midas touch that turns everything they touch into crap.

Sry, but that downhill for Nokia started with that Canadian boss who new nothing of european company-policies... 

Main server: Alex

Secondary: Mara
  •  01-04-2013, 7:33 AM 338194 in reply to 338187

Micro will anounce this year at E3 new xbox so not everything will be bad. Its good for those who play consola of course. I do enjoy a lot my xbox but Microsoft is screwing there too a lot, specially with deals and hardcore gamers. Kinect just blew their hardcore side and now its all about apps and kinect. Micro is going down totally.  

•  01-04-2013, 7:34 AM 338195 in reply to 338193

SpottableBlock5:

Sry, but that downhill for Nokia started with that Canadian boss who new nothing of european company-policies...

You mean Stephen Elop? You know, he used to work for Microsoft before Stick out tongue

bakum4tsu:

Micro will anounce this year at E3 new xbox so not everything will be bad. Its good for those who play consola of course. 

They don't really have to do that. Xbox360 is powerful enough. They just want to wrap some cash.

•  01-04-2013, 7:45 AM 338202 in reply to 338195

Jagulars:

bakum4tsu:

Micro will anounce this year at E3 new xbox so not everything will be bad. Its good for those who play consola of course. 

They don't really have to do that. Xbox360 is powerful enough. They just want to wrap some cash.

They dont but they will. :)

Im fine with 360 for now and even if they announce it, which they will (and sony too for sure), i'll not buy the new ones before two years in market cause they will be very expensive and i still got a lot of games to play from the actual ones and the ones that will come out during the next gen too so im fine they way i am. Cool

•  01-04-2013, 12:16 PM 338321 in reply to 338184

sodissapointed:

2013 will be the year where microsoft sucks up pretty badly.

Windows 8 -worst windows for pc ever done

Internet explorer (No need to talk about it)

Windows live (Failed )

Windows  Server(No decent user would install windows based server thats why 99 percent of the servers run on linux)

Windows mobile(Failed from the start)

Age of empires online(What a mess)

Good luck microsoft happy failed year.

Windows Live Messenger or MSN was and still is one of the best chatting programs that I use, too bad it's going down.

•  01-04-2013, 12:33 PM 338336 in reply to 338321

Tminc94:

Windows Live Messenger or MSN was and still is one of the best chatting programs that I use, too bad it's going down.

Where the other things you use and compare it to.

2 cups and a bit of string.

Carrier snail.

Shouting really really loud.

morse code using a candle

writing your messages on a toilet wall.

I cant think of much else that's worse than msn atm. 

•  01-04-2013, 1:10 PM 338363 in reply to 338336

Hey all,

Just jumping in to remind you to keep things on topic.  Believe me, we understand your frustration and disappointment regarding yesterday's announcement but lets keep the discussion on these forums focused on the game.

Thank you for your understanding.

Locking this post now.

Community Manager and Internet Wrangler.
    Follow us on Twitter!
    Like us on Facebook!
View as RSS news feed in XML