Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

End of Support Phase: offline game version and download empires

Last post 01-05-2013, 12:13 PM by AdvancedFlyer40. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-04-2013, 2:30 AM 338116

Title says it all really - apart from wanting to know the date that the "support phase" of AoEO is scheduled to end, I'd like to know (/petition for) the development and release of an offline game version which would allow us to download all our empires and continue playing once the servers are down. I have no idea what would be required in terms of then allowing PVP to continue in any meaningful way, but if you want me to dig out my null modem cable from AoE1 I will!!! (*retconning a Win7 PC motherboard may prove challenging ofc...)

I'm sure everyone will have their opinion on the possibility of having to pay again to achieve this, but it'd be nice if the idea could not be derailed over the omgialreadyboughtthisgamewhyamipayingagain posts - personally I'd happily pay again but first off I'd like to know there's some chance of the concept coming off at all for AoE(O). :\

RIP Roman Empire...
    End of support phase = when?
    Offline game + download empire = ever?
  •  01-04-2013, 6:57 AM 338185 in reply to 338116

Re: End of Support Phase: offline game version and download empires

Open Source!!!!
    Hmmm?
  •  01-04-2013, 4:01 PM 338467 in reply to 338116

I agree, then outsource the development of more features and civs to asia!!!! 

Opportunities multiply as they are seized

- Sun Tzu, The Art of War.
  •  01-04-2013, 5:05 PM 338506 in reply to 338467

hey hello best reader i hope the admin of the site reads this post i have an idea tho i have no money but i want to help in the best way possible

there are some things i might need to pull this off

1 the support of the age of empires online staff team 

2 i woulld like them to teach me some things on coding for this plan of mine being 

id like to make a blog or site to assemble sponsors or something for the age of empires online project

the problem about this theory woulld be i myself have no money what so ever so id have to do things free and i also have to send a mail to weebly witch woulld be the free site maker software id use for this plan

also something that might help is if i where to get acces to the usage of the trademarks of age of empires (this one isnt really nesecary)

the one thing id need to have knowhedge of is how to make some drop box or donation box that leads directly to this site or atleast a place where the age of empires online comunity can get to the money

i dont fully know how to do this yet i hope weebly can do that by default if not i hope to have the support of the staff members of the aoeo comunity

my goal in all this is to find a way that there woulld  be the ability to have an external flow of cash for the comunity and id be learning things from you aswell as id be giving a helpfull hand to this comunity (i myself have no money to spend so im gonna search for a totally free way to get this all done it wont be the best way but i hope to make some cash reach you that way also i need no funds for the work always welcome but not needed just wana help and also wana keep it as free as possible if someone reads this other than the higher ups please spread the word thank you i hope to reach the higher ups with this message friendly greetings Big Smile I v3eng I 

•  01-04-2013, 6:24 PM 338523 in reply to 338116

good suggestion!!!!!!
  •  01-05-2013, 6:39 AM 338721 in reply to 338116

Keep dreaming, unfortunately.
    Play AOEO Now
    AOEO was a really fun game. Thanks for greats moments and the AWESOME community.
    - Akaneiro Beta Tester -
  •  01-05-2013, 12:13 PM 338813 in reply to 338467

SweeterFoil6:
    I agree, then outsource the development of more features and civs to asia!!!! 

It's a shame GPG wasn't based in China. If so we'd have had development for like another 20 years. 
    Server: Marathon
    Twitch username: Rtsfan7
View as RSS news feed in XML