Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

Windowed mode not restricting cursor to inside game window

Last post 01-04-2013, 12:28 AM by cyberpitz. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-28-2012, 3:36 PM 336053

Windowed mode not restricting cursor to inside game window

When attempting to stream with X-Split or Open Broadcaster Software with AOEO in fullscreen, the stream will flicker whenever the screen moves. That's nothing surprising, since it happens with all games. Switching to Windowed mode resolves that. Unfortunately with AOEO in windowed mode, when I go to scroll the map on the side of the window, the cursor just leaves the window. Other games restrict the mouse cursor to stay within the active game window. Is there any way to force this in game?
  •  01-02-2013, 3:02 PM 337185 in reply to 336053

Re: Windowed mode not restricting cursor to inside game window

Grab Autokey (free) then use a script such as those posted here to lock your cursor into a region of the screen(you'll need to use autohotkey or another means to toggle that locking though).

Not a game i've played, not an autokey script i've used (i have another app that can provide cursor region locking - have used autohotkey before though, love opensource), but it was the first thing i managed to dig up via google(i wish i had looked harder last time i searched).

Might take a little learning the app, getting the script running and working a toggle, but you should have something workable with 10 - 30 mins(depending how you get on).

Hope that helps. :)

Age of Empires Online - Spreadsheet
    Available free as long as AOEO lives.
  •  01-02-2013, 3:06 PM 337188 in reply to 337185

t31os:

Grab Autokey (free) then use a script such as those posted here to lock your cursor into a region of the screen(you'll need to use autohotkey or another means to toggle that locking though).

Not a game i've played, not an autokey script i've used (i have another app that can provide cursor region locking - have used autohotkey before though, love opensource), but it was the first thing i managed to dig up via google(i wish i had looked harder last time i searched).

Might take a little learning the app, getting the script running and working a toggle, but you should have something workable with 10 - 30 mins(depending how you get on).

Hope that helps. :)

Follow up(no edit on this forum, grrr)..

If i read down that game forum link i posted before i've had spotted the link to another app for doing this..

http://www.snakebytestudios.com/projects/apps/cursor-lock/

Now you have two options.. ;)

Age of Empires Online - Spreadsheet
    Available free as long as AOEO lives.
  •  01-04-2013, 12:28 AM 338077 in reply to 337188

This is great, thank you very much. I'll report back with my success (or failure!) over the weekend :)
View as RSS news feed in XML