Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

Which Alliance should you choose?

Last post 01-14-2013, 1:55 AM by Smileyguyx. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-03-2013, 2:19 PM 337538

Which Alliance should you choose?

Here in the server of the Athens. I noticed that there were too much people joining the Legion of Carthage and the Delian League. I checked their bonuses and the lowest rank bonuses were useless. Look and check.

Legion of Carthage's bonuses

• Strength of Carthage: Gives out a 2.25% damage bonus to all land military unit. A damage boost, just a damage boost to only ground units, why not naval units too?
    • Mercenaries: Decrease training time of all military units by 1.5%. I don't know a single unit that requires more than 45 seconds to build, so not a single unit can benefit greatly from this.
    • Merchant Trade: Improves Villager's food gathering rate by 3%. I can say this is okay, because food is important to everything.

Delian League's bonuses

• Delian Resolve: Improves Villager's gathering rate by 0.6%. I can say this is also okay because every resource is important.
    • Treasury: All building cost are 3% cheaper. Cheaper buildings, mostly the Egyptian benefits greatly from this bonus and people who likes to build forts and towers around their base known as turtling.
    • Long Walls: Improve building health by 4.5% Why would you need this at all? Buildings aren't to meant to last as long, that's why you repair them.

Council of Imhotep's bonuses

• Words of Imhotep: Reduce cost of all upgrades by 3.5%. This benefits all civilizations. Every upgrades is cheaper, except the Egyptian method of teching up. It also makes Champion Upgrades less heavy on your treasury.
    • Medicine: Increase Military unit's health by 4.5%. This is actually a good upgrade. This is valuable to tanks allowing them to take even more damage.
    • Divinity: Reduce the priest's cost by 6%. Well, if you love to send out tanks. Those tanks need healing. You get healing from advisors and milestones but they aren't fast enough, so you recruit priests to heal faster and priests are a lot of coins this will help reduce the gold cost of it and help you put out more priest to heal your tanks.

It's simple, Imhotep's bonuses are better than some of these bonus, but why do they choose the other? Because the other alliance is winning. Who cares? You're trying to make your empire better not show off about how your alliance keeps winning. So, choose what's best for your empire.

Home and Current Server: Athens
    Alliance Dedicated to: Imhotep
    Come and help contribute to the Wikia, the largest online resource for Age of Empires Online!
  •  01-03-2013, 2:43 PM 337565 in reply to 337538

Re: Which Alliance should you choose?

Not everyone has the same play style and want the same passive bonuses, yes some people join Carthage because they are winning, so what? Leave them be, the more people in Carthage and Delian League the better, (Imhotep's Ep Bonus gets bigger).   

•  01-03-2013, 3:11 PM 337603 in reply to 337565

But then this means less players in Imhotep meaning less players to co-op with. I often have to play around a specific time zone in order to even find an Imhotep Player to co-op with.
    Come and help contribute to the Wikia, the largest online resource for Age of Empires Online!
  •  01-03-2013, 8:33 PM 337984 in reply to 337565

I chose Delian as my Alliance before Alliance wars even started. It fits my play style better. Back when I knew I wanted to be delian I figured Carthage would be the Big boy having most members. But Delian has remained on top since release in Abydos. For some reason I always knew Imhotep would be smallest. If you want max EP bonus you shoud go Imhotep all day!!

There is no wrong way to eat a Reeses. Good luck

GG!!
  •  01-03-2013, 11:08 PM 338064 in reply to 337984

JEINX:

I chose Delian as my Alliance before Alliance wars even started. It fits my play style better. Back when I knew I wanted to be delian I figured Carthage would be the Big boy having most members. But Delian has remained on top since release in Abydos. For some reason I always knew Imhotep would be smallest. If you want max EP bonus you shoud go Imhotep all day!!

There is no wrong way to eat a Reeses. Good luck

The wrong way to eat a Reeses is to eat it with peanut allergy. Bad luck.

•  01-04-2013, 7:29 AM 338192 in reply to 337538

from my point of view, it depends on how much AP u are able to cash in per day, if its around 100-150 i would suggest delian and if u are able to cashin 250+ i would recommend Imhotep.

because on low AP give u higher EP in delian (not MAX) and with Imhotep & 250+AP you will also able to accumulate 18+EP per day also goes for weekly and monthly wars, i am bored of typing so wrote as short as possible hope u understood and would help.

•  01-05-2013, 6:06 PM 338908 in reply to 338192

I didn't really think too much about it when I chose - nor do I care that much either - you're going to earn stacks of EP regardless of what you do.
    http://aoesage.blogspot.com

Server: Alexandria
  •  01-08-2013, 7:49 AM 339710 in reply to 337538

i just like charthage! Hannibal ! My king !
  •  01-08-2013, 9:48 AM 339724 in reply to 339710

Most people choose delian because it offers some of the best gear in the game.

I chose The council because it gives me more empire points.

•  01-11-2013, 11:15 PM 340718 in reply to 339724

I chose Carthage because I actually like them, I think their Empire was pretty cool and Hannibal was a pretty awesome military leader. He's pretty awesome in game as well, charge attack plus killing enemy priests while they can't even touch him. As for their passive bonuses, I like their training speed bonus, despite how small it is; and the food gathering bonus.

Server - Athens
  •  01-13-2013, 10:55 PM 340998 in reply to 340718

ElitistBody841 you have done a good job of discussing the bonuses you get with each of the 3 alliances but these bonuses are just one of several issues to consider when deciding which alliance to join.

Other considerations might include:-

How EP rich you are:
    Many Imhotep players join this alliance because of it's improved AP to EP reward ratio.
    If you are flush with EP then the higher bonus with Imhotep is of little significance.

Which of the available alliance equipments appeal to you ?
    I suspect many players favour Delian on account of their excellent equipments.
    eg Delian Adept's Wheels which add 28.7% damage to siege units with no cost increase.

Which alliance are your pals in ?
    If you want to do co op alliance quests with your pals this may well be the deciding issue.

Which of the bonus's complement your play style best?
    A player that likes multiple military production buildings so they are able get out a large army very quickly may well find the cheaper buildings bonus very appealing.  ( ps - This doesn't only benefit the turtlers ! )

One strategy might be to initially join Imhotep and enjoy the extra EP bonus and continue with them until you've made the various EP purchases you want. At a later time if & when you've more EP than you know what to do with switch to a different alliance.

Just bear in mind your decision isn't a "set in stone" one. If you wait until the 24hr , 7 day & 30 day wars end and have got all your AP converted to EP, you can leave your current alliance and join a different one & you will loose nothing** but your rank.
    Rank can usually be got back again fairly quickly so this is no big deal either.

** This does assume that you've not spent a fortune on specific alliance equipments.
    You can only use equipments from your current alliance so specific alliance equipments may need to be replaced if you switch alliance.

•  01-14-2013, 1:55 AM 341011 in reply to 337538

ElitistBody841:

Here in the server of the Athens. I noticed that there were too much people joining the Legion of Carthage and the Delian League. I checked their bonuses and the lowest rank bonuses were useless. Look and check.

Legion of Carthage's bonuses

• Strength of Carthage: Gives out a 2.25% damage bonus to all land military unit. A damage boost, just a damage boost to only ground units, why not naval units too?
    • Mercenaries: Decrease training time of all military units by 1.5%. I don't know a single unit that requires more than 45 seconds to build, so not a single unit can benefit greatly from this.
    • Merchant Trade: Improves Villager's food gathering rate by 3%. I can say this is okay, because food is important to everything.

I haven't confirmed this but i believe that behind the scenes, every little detail is taken into account possibly to two decimal places. This means that the 1.5% reduction reduces the units train times by 1.5% but might not display so because the time to train/research only displays in 2 decimal places. What i mean by this is that a unit with 12 seconds base training time will now have  11.82 training time but still display 12 seconds, rounding it up. If you made say 100 of them though, without the bonus it would take you 1200 seconds compared to 1182 seconds, a difference of 18 seconds.
    IMO that extra damage is the most useful because once you have all your research etc done, it's how strong your army is compared to theirs.

ElitistBody841:

Delian League's bonuses

• Delian Resolve: Improves Villager's gathering rate by 0.6%. I can say this is also okay because every resource is important.
    • Treasury: All building cost are 3% cheaper. Cheaper buildings, mostly the Egyptian benefits greatly from this bonus and people who likes to build forts and towers around their base known as turtling.
    • Long Walls: Improve building health by 4.5% Why would you need this at all? Buildings aren't to meant to last as long, that's why you repair them.
      These bonuses seem to lean the most towards a booming economy compared to the rest. 
    ElitistBody841:

Council of Imhotep's bonuses

• Words of Imhotep: Reduce cost of all upgrades by 3.5%. This benefits all civilizations. Every upgrades is cheaper, except the Egyptian method of teching up. It also makes Champion Upgrades less heavy on your treasury.
    • Medicine: Increase Military unit's health by 4.5%. This is actually a good upgrade. This is valuable to tanks allowing them to take even more damage.
    • Divinity: Reduce the priest's cost by 6%. Well, if you love to send out tanks. Those tanks need healing. You get healing from advisors and milestones but they aren't fast enough, so you recruit priests to heal faster and priests are a lot of coins this will help reduce the gold cost of it and help you put out more priest to heal your tanks.

Once you have done researching, the bonuses become useless. besides late game you end up with massive surpluses of resources. A 1000 gold champion upgrade is now 965 gold, saving you 35 gold. note that this is also a age 4 upgrade which by then you will probably have a caravan line giving you easy gold. A reduction in priest cost is practically useless, most priests can't heal in combat. Which means the majority of your healing is done out of combat. Which means you are sitting there waiting for them to heal, which means you are not trampling your enemy. And its not like you get 50 priests per army (because every priest means less damage unless they are celt druids which improve the damage of your units), which means you save very little gold in total, saving around 6 gold per priest (they cost 100 gold standard). Why not get such a boss economy as Delian that you can replace the unit 100 times over in the definite event it will die? Or have more HP and damage so it does more damage before dying? I think it's because the gathering bonuses are with you since age 1 so over a course of maybe 15 minutes they have gotten you more resources than what the other alliances might save you. IMO the only reason why people have joined Imhopep is because of the EP bonus.

Check out:

PvPChat
    Blog
    SkirmRushGuide
    Wiki
View as RSS news feed in XML