Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

Discuss the "Future of Age of Empires Online" Blog Post Here

Last post 06-25-2013, 2:36 PM by AndyPierce. 423 replies.
Page 14 of 29 (424 items)   « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-04-2013, 5:41 AM 338152 in reply to 338143

Re: Discuss the "Future of Age of Empires Online" Blog Post Here

NilePenguin:

Seems the plug was pulled. Pity.

Now on to financial business. I paid ~€100 for a season pass. Part of the deal was that it saved 40%. We didn't get that much in content. That's nothing less than reneging on the agreement you made with all the season pass holders. I expect microsoft to deal with this appropriately.

You re not the only one. I also got Season 1.. I dont really care tho, 100$ for the amount of fun times I had its nothing, but I am sure there are people out there who will certainly complain  

•  01-04-2013, 5:56 AM 338154 in reply to 337997

I still can't believe it! Since when are gamers stockholders?!!? We invested money in the game for what it was and what it would become. When I bought the game I thought it was already playable & they would just add more content later. God all those bugs. I could forgive THAT, but THIS is what we see all the time during the crisis: RICH COMPANIES LAYING OFF UNPROFITABLE FACTORS. Microsoft just fired us, trying to ease their conscience by keeping the game playable for some more time! This way we won't leave all at once and we won't be angry all at once. As a boss of a company, you don't want your personel to tand united. United they will accomplish a lot more an therefore cost more money. But I won't forget how they took MY money & then screwed up. They gambled with our money. That wasn't the deal. That's not a game. This isn't funny.

To microsoft:

Who is responsible for the development this game?

As investors in your project, we'd like to ask the figures of the game. We have the right to know when it went wrong.

Are there any other risky investments in development? Please warn us. 

Will there be any compensation for our loss or can we spread the word through the entire AOE & SC2 community (and of course on the fora) that microsoft just screwed us? I think many of us are just about to do so. Don't forget the AOE community has been playing for over 10 years now. They do have some power i they stand together. 

I'd like to notice that many of the gamers are underaged. I believe it means that parents are held responsible for their investments, So keep in mind that not only a gamer can spread the bad publicity, but also the parents.

We certainly hope more will be explained soon.

•  01-04-2013, 6:23 AM 338164 in reply to 338154

AdriftCrescent8:

I still can't believe it! Since when are gamers stockholders?!!? We invested money in the game for what it was and what it would become. When I bought the game I thought it was already playable & they would just add more content later. God all those bugs. I could forgive THAT, but THIS is what we see all the time during the crisis: RICH COMPANIES LAYING OFF UNPROFITABLE FACTORS. Microsoft just fired us, trying to ease their conscience by keeping the game playable for some more time! This way we won't leave all at once and we won't be angry all at once. As a boss of a company, you don't want your personel to tand united. United they will accomplish a lot more an therefore cost more money. But I won't forget how they took MY money & then screwed up. They gambled with our money. That wasn't the deal. That's not a game. This isn't funny.

To microsoft:

Who is responsible for the development this game?

As investors in your project, we'd like to ask the figures of the game. We have the right to know when it went wrong.

Are there any other risky investments in development? Please warn us. 

Will there be any compensation for our loss or can we spread the word through the entire AOE & SC2 community (and of course on the fora) that microsoft just screwed us? I think many of us are just about to do so. Don't forget the AOE community has been playing for over 10 years now. They do have some power i they stand together. 

I'd like to notice that many of the gamers are underaged. I believe it means that parents are held responsible for their investments, So keep in mind that not only a gamer can spread the bad publicity, but also the parents.

We certainly hope more will be explained soon.

Can't they just out source the development?Or make the game open source?or sell the game?
    Hmmm?
  •  01-04-2013, 6:28 AM 338169 in reply to 337498

Hi guys,Happy new year

Firstly,I am here to say thanks to the developers for giving this game great stuff and content as well

Secondly.I am very sad because e game is obvious already dead and that he romans will not come out

and final,I know its illegal but I opened the game files and i found the roman units pictures and some tech tree upgrades as well the roman milestones so i will post the pictures today or tomorrow(its not a threat but I want the people who love he romans to see what we all are going to lose) I am also expecting some information about the deleted project called "Romans"

I would like a favour Mr Trajan:I am sure that we both are huge fans of the Romans so I would like to give us the all the roman information like i said above the information aboute the roman civilization

And now one question,Why when the roman hotkeys leaked the developers delete the hotkeys but not all of them? 

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

P.S:Sorry for my mistakes english is not my mother language

•  01-04-2013, 6:46 AM 338176 in reply to 338169

TendingAtol2:

Hi guys,Happy new year

Firstly,I am here to say thanks to the developers for giving this game great stuff and content as well

Secondly.I am very sad because e game is obvious already dead and that he romans will not come out

and final,I know its illegal but I opened the game files and i found the roman units pictures and some tech tree upgrades as well the roman milestones so i will post the pictures today or tomorrow(its not a threat but I want the people who love he romans to see what we all are going to lose) I am also expecting some information about the deleted project called "Romans"

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

P.S:Sorry for my mistakes english is not my mother language

thx for roman post

•  01-04-2013, 6:50 AM 338180 in reply to 338176

My friend Dariox I am going to release the pictures to you and all the community because we all are sad
  •  01-04-2013, 6:54 AM 338181 in reply to 338180

guys you can now change game name to age of empires offline

i just wanna new civ!!

•  01-04-2013, 6:55 AM 338183 in reply to 337642

shiningwolf97:
    http://www.forgottenempires.net/features Aoe2 Unofficiel expansion for those interested.

This is quite interesting!

Love playing AOEO!
  •  01-04-2013, 7:39 AM 338199 in reply to 337498

If players decide to leave and the servers go down i was wondering since i invested money and time into this game if you can make it offline and only PvP and chatrooms online. I just dont want this game to die out and i have a feeling after the announcement you made thats whats gonna happen in the next few weeks. So make it offline so players can still enjoy this game if servers go down.
  •  01-04-2013, 7:49 AM 338203 in reply to 338199

lost of money invested in romans, it was a civ that would make many players play the game for a bit more, it you could at least finish it...[

i'll still play sometimes, but wingouth new civs it will be boring, the bad thing you guys have done was no publicity of the game, if you made publicity of the game, it would considerably increased playerbase and money, sadly you guys didin't... 

Edit:

Microsoft, the game still can live, give the community scenario editor, i heard somewhere that you used one for quests, so please make it avalibe for use, if the players can make new scenario the game will live as long as AOE2, wich lives until today and some of the main reason is scenario editor, as there won't be new contenent, let the players create something this will make the game more fun to play as there will be different quests, player-made, look at aoe2, and you will see many, many things, created by players, there are RPG's, blood maps, and many things like that, and this is the thing that makes me wanna play aoe2 again sometimes, and it would make me play aoeo forever

•  01-04-2013, 8:08 AM 338218 in reply to 337498

I really loved this announcement, I was fed up earning EP to buy new civilization and new content, I was thinking there will be some new content in new year and was thinking to earn more EP to buy future civ/booster pack, with this announcement I dont need to farm for EP, I can play game for only fun. Frankly speaking, we dont need any new content. Great decision. Thanks for making such decision.
  •  01-04-2013, 8:47 AM 338228 in reply to 337630

Guys thank you all for the good times!
    IBubbleI:
    Wiriwout The Master.
  •  01-04-2013, 9:25 AM 338242 in reply to 338169

Hi community Merry Christmas and a Happy new year

I am going to post the roman units pictures

I will start with the town center units and the scout

•  01-04-2013, 9:26 AM 338243 in reply to 338242

song for GPG :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j47OMBfl-3A

•  01-04-2013, 9:35 AM 338245 in reply to 338228

Well that was it then... I already had moved to AoE III, hoping to come back when this game would be improved.. but that will never happen now... Sadly I'm going to uninstall this game then.. Anyway it still was a good one and I enjoyed the time spent with it.

Reasons I prefer AOEIII over AOEO:

-The Way Information is Organised (Manual and History Tab)
    -It has a Physical Copy
    -The Hero/Home City System
    -Trading Posts

Hopefully most of these things will be integrated in Age of Empires Online. :)
Page 14 of 29 (424 items)   « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML