Privacy Policy Welcome to Age of Empires Online
in Search

Discuss the "Transparency" Blog Here!

Last post 05-07-2012, 4:11 PM by Solicest. 210 replies.
Page 1 of 15 (211 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-19-2012, 4:05 PM 198042

Idea [I] Discuss the "Transparency" Blog Here!

Ave, all! Thank you all for helping us with a very successful Steam launch. As we had hoped, we attracted many new players to Age of Empires Online; and, as we had asked, you the community have welcomed them with open arms. We have been in the Top 20 games played on Steam since that launch.

Communication between the development team and the community has suffered, though. We were unable to discuss the Steam deal until it went live; that was a business deal between Microsoft and Valve, and we could not share the details with you ahead of time. Now that the deal is done, we have nothing else that we need to hide.

Read the entire article here.

Community Manager and Internet Wrangler.
    Follow us on Twitter!
    Like us on Facebook!
  •  04-19-2012, 5:09 PM 198063 in reply to 198042

Re: Discuss the "Transparency" Blog Here!

Sounds like a great change of policy, and you're making me curious with all those little bits of information about new options, can't wait to see what's in store!

•  04-19-2012, 5:10 PM 198064 in reply to 198042

So what happends to the people that supported the game and just bought some Civs and boosters when the game launched on steam, when a month later I could have gotten them for free...
  •  04-19-2012, 5:11 PM 198065 in reply to 198063

The alliances thing intriges me.

So if you're not going to be transparent, tell me if a new civ will be announced any time soon.

Even still, I hope this wasn't the grand announcement being toted about.

http://forums.ageofempiresonline.com/forums/thread/187510.aspx

History can be fun!

http://forums.ageofempiresonline.com/forums/thread/267770.aspx

Craft a civ, win a code!
  •  04-19-2012, 5:12 PM 198066 in reply to 198042

Lol soli my pm was like PERFECT HUH? :)
    Lurkin bee eye ish

Soon™ <3 BatsyBatsy

FUTUREKAT8 is the most AWESOMEST WONDERFUL FANTABULOUS FREAKIN MODERATOR IN THE WORLD!!!! <~~trend that (twitter)
    Yeeee hawwwww
  •  04-19-2012, 5:15 PM 198070 in reply to 198066

Quoting the first line "Ave" 

Romans? 

•  04-19-2012, 5:15 PM 198071 in reply to 198042

For example, the Summer Update will likely contain a Tech Tree Overhaul.

Reinstatement of the unspend/respend mechanic? *crosses fingers and holds breath*
    Age of Empires Online Heaven
    Age of Empires 3 Heaven
    @AgeOnlineHeaven
    @HGMaffia
  •  04-19-2012, 5:27 PM 198078 in reply to 198071

wow that is so awesome. sounds like aoeo will get a true f2p model. Im sure this will enlarge the community a lot. Im a f2p player and after some attempts to earn free xbox ms points, which didnt work out, i was about to give up this game, but this little blog inspired me to log in again and start farming some empire points :)
  •  04-19-2012, 5:27 PM 198079 in reply to 198070

RumplyAtom59988:
    Quoting the first line "Ave" 

Romans? 

Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trajan

RIP Roman Empire...
    End of support phase = when?
    Offline game + download empire = ever?
  •  04-19-2012, 5:29 PM 198080 in reply to 198064

So what happends to the people that supported the game and just bought some Civs and boosters when the game launched on steam, when a month later I could have gotten them for free...

You won't be able to just get them for free. From the blog: "Players will continue to earn Empire points in game, or if players choose to, they can also exchange real money for Empire Points."

•  04-19-2012, 5:30 PM 198081 in reply to 198042

I really liked how in beta we earned (1x, 2x and 3x empire points) dependant on the number of civilizations we "owned".  Would you consider bringing back that incentive?

Will we be able to purchase vanity packs with empire points as well?  Will there be any more vanity packs than the five we have right now?

Alliances sound to me like a clan system, which is good.  Will there be a leaderboard for top alliances?

You guys only need to be more transparent about some upcoming boosters, civilizations and vanity packs now. Stick out tongue

•  04-19-2012, 5:30 PM 198082 in reply to 198042

Well that was dissapointing. After hearing there was going to be something exciting for level 40's, all it boils down to is you get some free gear if you sign up to be a member of someone's guild/alliance. As a level 40 you wouldn't do anything differently to how you currently play the game :s

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bored of 40 yet, I've only just got there.. I was just expecting something more substantial after the hype of today.

•  04-19-2012, 5:32 PM 198083 in reply to 198079

@FutureKat: A German friend of mine just texted me in her native language by mistake - I do understand a little German, but one word escaped me... what does "bald" mean in English?!?
    RIP Roman Empire...
    End of support phase = when?
    Offline game + download empire = ever?
  •  04-19-2012, 5:33 PM 198085 in reply to 198042

Ooh vanity items for units sounds nice. I want Cat hats for all my units as in my profile picture! That would be awesome ;).

The Alliances feature sounds very intressting. Will make it feel like an actual mmo =P.

With the new function of empire points there is no need for you to microtransact players as you promised you would never do. We will microtransact ourselves instead. Genius ;).

AOEO Trajan:

GPG-Servo, please put Cat Vanity items on the backlog. We cannot argue with the power of Grayskull!

Aka Kattsylt
  •  04-19-2012, 5:35 PM 198087 in reply to 198083

TheMachineStops:
    @FutureKat: A German friend of mine just texted me in her native language by mistake - I do understand a little German, but one word escaped me... what does "bald" mean in English?!?

It means something like "in short time" Smile

Deutsche Moderatorin // German Moderator

Follow us on Twitter!
    Like us on Facebook!

Someone once said: "Be careful what you wish for"
Page 1 of 15 (211 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
View as RSS news feed in XML